We Develop Leaders of Choice!
We develop leaders people choose to follow
→ We get people curious about the impact of their habits and honest about their performance.
→ We teach simple behavioral shifts that create fast and sustainable results.
Tara Powers, MS
Leadership Development & Training Expert
“I immediately felt a connection to Tara. She made me feel comfortable with who I am and excited at who I could become.” – Catering Director at Denver Zoo
Tara Powers, a business acceleration specialist and training expert, partners with clients to enable strategic success and business growth by developing emerging leaders and teams to achieve peak performance. Through her coaching and training, Tara has helped hundreds of leaders enhance their performance and effectiveness in a variety of areas, including building business acumen, communication, leading teams, customer relationship management, and building positive work relationships. Tara has also developed a process to ensure ROI on corporate conferences or large group strategy sessions. Tara’s style is described as innovative, and highly interactive, and clients continually remark on her enthusiasm, energy, and thoughtfulness in a learning environment.
Tara’s experience includes working with startups, government, retail, financial organizations, marketing agencies, call centers and customer service environments. Sample projects include:
– Aflac Team Development: The goal of this program was to assist program managers in developing strong partnerships by building relationships, bonding as a group and by bridging communication and skill gaps. The program focused on key “building blocks” of team development including establishing team trust and shared leadership, identifying team roles and responsibilities and gaining team commitment.
– Janus Emerging Leader Program: (Won 2008 ASTD Best Award) Part of the design and implementation team for company-wide emerging leader program that included all aspects of leadership development including building business acumen, coaching, communication, performance management and more.
- Regis University, Masters in Organizational Leadership
- Bloomsburg University, BS, Business Administration
- Coaching Certificate, American Society of Training and Development
- Certified Myers Briggs Practitioner
- Authorized Everything DISC Solutions Provider
- Certified Trainer, Infinite Possibilities
“We’ve used Tara Powers as an integral part of our overall Learning and Development program at Leopard for several years. There have been few consultants in my career that became true business partners, and we were lucky to find that in Tara. Her approach to understanding our business, our challenges, our goals and desired outcomes always pushes us to make certain that we are putting programs in place that bring value to our organization. She doesn’t hesitate to hold up the mirror in order to make certain that we are focusing on the right things, and is always making recommendations that are out-of-the-box, interesting and within budget. I would highly recommend Tara to any organization that wants to make certain that they aren’t training for training’s sake, and rather striving to achieve better business results.”
– T. Adams, VP of HR, Leopard
“I hired Tara to work with my Corporate Services management team on several key initiatives. She worked with the management team on goal development, identifying service excellence standards for our teams and reviewed how to implement an effective and collaborative performance management process. My experience working with Tara was such a positive experience and the results exceeded my expectations. I would have no issues recommending Tara and her company to anyone.”
– T.Markham, Sr. Director, IHS
“The feedback we have received on Tara after each session she lead has always been fantastic: she is knowledgeable, extremely personable, always comes with a deep and detailed knowledge of her subjects, is extremely reliable and provides incredibly creative solutions.”
– K. Zuber, VP of HR, ProfitStreams
Wendy Boyer, MSS, CPCC
“Wendy inspires others to become a better version of themselves.” – Coaching Client, Mutual Fund Industry Director
As an avid learner and facilitator, Wendy understands the importance of drawing out the inner potential of each individual and team. Experienced as both an internal and external business consultant, she understands the complexities of both perspectives when designing and delivering solutions. With 700+ hours of one-on-one coaching experience and over 100 team and department interventions, Wendy ensures each solution aligns and engages people to achieve results. Experience includes the financial/mutual fund industry, call center environments, information technology, tourism/customer service environments and others. Outside of the office Wendy enjoys writing children’s books and is an avid outdoorswoman enjoying hiking, skiing and triathlons to fund raise for local and national charities (over $25k and counting).
Business/Organizational Leadership Experience
As director of training and development/organizational development for a financial industry firm, Wendy implemented a comprehensive training and development strategy that supported organizational metrics. Key projects: Design and implementation of company-wide leadership development programs; cultural change projects supporting reductions in force; corporate communication projects involving senior leaders; international training and strategy projects. Key project results: $4 million increase in revenue, 12% increase in employee engagement, senior leader dialogues with 2,000 employees. As founder of Boyer Consulting, LLC, Wendy designed a sub-contractor business model to support businesses with individual, team and department training and strategy solutions for companies such as Western Union, Key Equipment Finance, Right Management Consultants, Delta Airlines, Intrawest Resorts, TRUECar Inc., etc.
- University of Denver, Masters in Applied Communications & Advanced Study Certificate, Corporate Communications
- Loyola Marymount University, BA, Communications
- Certified Professional Coach through Coach Training Institute with credentials through International Coach Federation
- Certified Myers Briggs Practitioner, DiSC Profile System Facilitator and Emergenetics Associate
- Certified Franklin Covey’s “7 Habits of Highly Effective People” Facilitator
- Certified Wilderness First Responder
“Wendy is ‘The Ambassador of Influence’ which I think is a positive and concise descriptor of how she facilitates.”
– N. Stephenson
“What sets Wendy apart from other facilitators is her ability to facilitate sessions with little or no ego involvement. Her participants truly believe that it’s all about them, and that her focus is on their learning. People get the sense that she is passionate about learning and fostering growth, regardless of personality, position, beliefs, interest level, baggage, etc. She inspires others to become a better version of themselves.”
– M. Wiley
“Wendy’s level of caring for her clients and always wanting to deliver the best solution/service regardless of potential constraints makes her the best facilitator I have worked with.”
– C. Kibort
“Wendy looks beyond surface level issues to assess the team’s current state, past issues that have been unresolved and takes a complete “holistic” approach to solutions. She is honest, willing to ask the tough questions, and places extreme value on ethics & integrity.”
– M. Thompson
“One’s philosophy is not best expressed in words; it’s expressed in the choices one makes. In the long run, we shape our lives and we shape ourselves…and the choices we make are ultimately our responsibility.”
~ Eleanor Roosevelt